Thursday, May 27, 2010

Bitch!

Bitch
6-6-2006

Found this and some other shitty poems in an old journal, I felt particularly partial to this one and thought I’d give it a chance to grow.

What is wrong?
Why can’t you stay?
I could see life so faraway,
You were there in the place of all this gray,
I can’t see it anymore,
I don’t know where or what or when,
All I see is a dark cloud,
The future is thunder so loud.

I saw the way you held our baby,
The place we lived and how you saved me,
I worked hard all day,
Happy to keep sadness away,
The place I used to see,
You couldn’t help it,
You loved me.

But what hurts just as bad,
Not seeing when we would be glad,
But knowing now,
You can’t feel how,
You don’t remember when you said,
You loved me more,
Apparently just a story, a tale, a bore,
The way my heart is broken and yours is dead,
I can’t get you out of my head.

I can’t stop remembering the way it used to be,
WHEN YOU LOVED ME!

No comments:

Post a Comment